Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Congruence Conversationalist

Today, we interviewed many people from many other Greek Organizations and saw what they thought their values were, what Ritual was, and what their chapter held dear.  I was surprised by the amount of people who had trouble finding 3 things that their chapter stressed, but from the people who knew, they pretty much knew right off the top of their head.

I also found it interesting how some people responded to the question "What is Ritual?" I had a couple people tell me it was how someone got initiated, another person simply said "Secret."  I feel that Ritual is something that is hard to explain in words, but is much more than just a secret way to let people into your organization. MUCH MORE. It is embodying the values of your organization daily, which I see as a way to strive to become a better person, a true gentleman.


On a much, much less related note, I have never accomplished so much from 1 AM to 4 AM before. Thank you NOS Energy Drinks, I could not have made this blog post without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment