Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blog Post #1 - A Little Intro

Hi, I'm Derek Anderson, a second year in Chemical Engineering and planning on getting a minor in General Business, and my favorite color is blue. I love to listen to music, but also play it on my new ukulele. I am an avid Cleveland sports fan, but that makes this time a very rough one for me.

Why did I join a fraternity? Well, I can really thank my good friend from high school for that.  I was the person who was clouded with stereotypes from Old School and Animal House when I first came to OSU, but when my friend asked me to come out and check their table at the Fall Involvement Fair, he convinced me that it was nothing like the stereotypes that I had. Once I was initiated, everything changed. I really understood that becoming a member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity really gave me the chance to better myself and the world around me through service and leadership.

At first, I chuckled when I heard Blogabus. However, I am excited for this class and the opportunity to really learn how to be a leader in today's crazy, crazy world.  This whole blogging bit is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I think it will be good to put my thoughts down in a (hopefully) coherent manner and really learn from other people's blogs. 

The End (I have no clue how to end a post),
Derek Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment